VarsityMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howard's GM Application

5 posters

Go down

Howard's GM Application Empty Howard's GM Application

Post by Howard~ Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Name: Howard

In Game Name:  Howard, Rare (I have gotten in game experience)

Timezone: Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00)

I would like to start this off by thanking everybody reading my GM application. I would love some feedback on some improvements I can make!

Why you should choose me as a GM: The reasoning I think you guys should choose me to be GM is because I love helping people a lot. I think I am a very calm and patient person, easygoing, and understanding. I can be fun at times too because GMs are just there to help out and represent the server but also can act as a player to have fun in the server as well.

What I will do as a GM to help out the server: I think I am a pretty creative person. I can implement ideas to make the server a lot more fun, enjoyable, and give the players a wonderful first time experience that would make them stay. I would also communicate to the community in game and on forums to help out any trouble the players may have.

Past experience as GM: I have been GM on one server awhile back. I sadly don't have any proof.

What would I do if there was a hacker: First off, I would get my recording software up and running, it is called Camtasia 8. I would ask the hacker multiple times to respond. If he doesn't respond I will give him 5 minutes to respond while recording. After time is up I will ban him on the spot, and upload the video to Youtube.com for further proof if they ban appeal. Now if there was someone advertising I would get a screen shot and ban him. (Not sure if I should give him a warning or two at first)

What if I saw 2 people fighting: If I see two people fighting, I would ask them what the problem was and try to resolve the problem in a nice, calmly matter.

What would I do when I host an event: I just want to say I love hosting events! If I am in the mood for a certain event I will do it, or if I feel like any event would be nice I would ask the players and give them some options to choose from.

Amount of hours I can be on: On the weekdays I can be on 2+ hours. On the weekends it varies because I am on a basketball travel team and we have tournaments every weekend and the times varies depending if we win or lose. On average though 4+ hours.

Other things I would like to say: I may be young, but I am very trustworthy and is on top of things. I once again thank you all for taking your precious time and reading my GM application. If I don't get chosen to be GM I will definitely will not be mad or anything but to enjoy the server as a regular player!

Extra: Thanks to SoulDreamer and Yoko for the advice. I greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by Howard~ on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 am; edited 5 times in total

Howard~

Back to top Go down

Howard's GM Application Empty Re: Howard's GM Application

Post by Zero Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Nice app! It seems that you are honest and creative. But before I really try and decide, do you mind getting some ingame experience first? xD There are 2 Positions open!
Zero
Zero
Admin

https://varsityms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Howard~ Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Zero wrote:Nice app! It seems that you are honest and creative. But before I really try and decide, do you mind getting some ingame experience first? xD There are 2 Positions open!

Yup! I really want to play this server. I was recruited by Bobby and said I should apply :p
Unfortunately, the setup is saying it's going to take a day or so to finish downloading D:

Howard~

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby~ Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Well thought out and very organized :p. The app itself is pretty long, so you can go into more details. I liked it Very Happy
Bobby~
Bobby~

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulDreamer Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Nice Application Howard, I like it a lot, you were very descriptive, as Zero said we would like to see you get some gameplay. One bit of information you are missing, is how would you deal with a hacker or someone who advertises on the server

Good Luck
Co owner- Will xD

P.S btw my ign was Noodles on Axed, don't know if you remember me xD
SoulDreamer
SoulDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Howard~ Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

SoulDreamer wrote:Nice Application Howard, I like it a lot, you were very descriptive, as Zero said we would like to see you get some gameplay. One bit of information you are missing, is how would you deal with a hacker or someone who advertises on the server

Good Luck
Co owner- Will xD

P.S btw my ign was Noodles on Axed, don't know if you remember me xD

Thank you for your feedback! I am currently downloading the setup right now and it says it will take about one day to download. I am a very fast learner so I could probably get to know the server and command very quickly. As for me missing a topic I will get on to that right away. I am currently going to basketball right now so I can't do it at the moment.

P.S I remember you :p we would joke around a lot haha!

Howard~

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoko Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:01 pm

I honestly love long applications. Some servers let the staff applications that are short accepted with no description. That's why I think yours is great. Try adding more enthusiasm. Good Luck!
Yoko
Yoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Howard~ Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:54 pm

Yoko wrote:I honestly love long applications. Some servers let the staff applications that are short accepted with no description. That's why I think yours is great. Try adding more enthusiasm. Good Luck!

Thanks so much for your advice! I have edited in SoulDreamer's idea about what I would do if there was a hacker or advertiser in the server.

Edit: I have also implemented the ideas you suggested in the "Ideas for Staff App" post.

Howard~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down